I am participating in cocoa swap 3 for 2010 and have put together this page to make things easier to find my for my ‘buddy’.
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? I am exclusively a knitter.
2. What is your favorite one-skein project? I think hats and socks. What item do you find you knit the most of? I’ve knit a lot of hats, but now I want to knit more socks.
3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I have the knitpicks harmony interchangeable needles. Though I don’t have any of the harmony needles in sock sizes. That would be nice.
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? I’m currently working on a pair of lined mittens for my sister-in-law.
5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try? I love natural fibers and I’m not very picky about them. I love mirasol yarn, and though I would love to knit with it, I’m allergic to corn-based yarns.
7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles? I love earth tones, bright and otherwise. I’m not a fan of neon.
8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had? I love my hippo-shaped notions carrier. I have LOTS of stitch markers, I don’t own a yarn-cutter and am always losing my scissors.
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade? No preference.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? whipped cream.
3. Do you use any ‘add ins’? Sometimes I add mint extract to my hot cocoa.
4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months? year round, though more frequent in the colder months.
5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person? I like the straight-up, dark chocolate cocoa.
6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? I don’t eat out much, but I do have some cocoa from Camino sitting in my cupboard and it’s awesome.
7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa — is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? It’s something substantial, that I can grip with both hands. I like to sit in the sqwooshy chair with a blanket and watch movies.
8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? oooh I love a good pastry, but otherwise it’s usually some other chocolate to go with it lol
It’s all YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? I’m a music and movie junkie, especially older, cheesier movies. I’m learning to spin, and I love to read.
2. Do you collect anything? Chickens. Yes, chickens. You heard me right.
3. What is your favorite part of Winter? Snow!
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? I’m not big on home stuff that smells like food, it confuses my brain, I think. I love spices like nutmeg and ginger and cinnamon.
5. Are you allergic to anything? Just corn, and it makes me sad.
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID? riizu
7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day? Knitting, watching movies, and eating pie.
8. What’s your favorite animal? Chickens! Otherwise, hippos are awesome too ^_^