Arbor: Major Progress!

I’ve made major progress on Arbor (ravelry link) over the last couple of days. Not only am I nearing the halfway mark, I’ve managed to separate for the (short) sleeves, and am almost ready to finish the bodice. I believe the next step is to try it on to make sure I haven’t messed anything up. The white/provisional cast on edge at the top of the picture below is where the neckling “will be”.

And here is my sleeve cap. I’m very excited about the construction of this shirt. I’m hoping I might even have it done in time to show off at the next Carleton Knit night!

I feel the need to say, learning to do a Russian Join has been my saviour! You just can’t do a spit and splice join with cotton, and I’ve barely had to do any weaving at all. Fantastic.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s