Last you all heard of me, I was rushing out the door for a week off back in KW with family and friends. It was a great week off, and I got lots of knitting done. I was even able to acquire more yarn! (like I needed it)
I started off the weekend by knitting up a quick birthday gift for my friend Alex. It was well-received 🙂 I hope to have a photo soon!
Take, for example, the Saigon Scarf. Knit Picks Gloss Lace, Silk and Merino. It’s lovely, soft, and moves through the needles alarmingly quickly. *sigh* I am in love with this yarn, and it’s all I want to work on right now.
Close-up of chart 2:
Close-up of chart 4 (in progress):
Which might explain why this neckwarmer was so hard to work on. It was a spontaneous gift for a friend I was yarn-shopping with, and though it felt nice and soft in the skein, the 100% nylon got old real quick, and i just wanted it done. At least it was over-with fast, and I know Rin will be happy with it. She’s picking out buttons so I can finish it off for her. 🙂
I’m late, but I was on vacation, so whatever XP
- If I could travel back in time, I’d go to the land before time.
- Give me love or give me space?
- I am listening to myself for once.
- Somewhere, someone is thinking of a new reality crap-show.
- I’ll always be five.
- My idea of a good time includes yarn and pie.
- And as for the weekend, Friday night I looked forward to flying home for the weekend, Saturday my plans included celebrating a birthday (not mine) and Sunday, I wanted to spend some quality time with family!