I gave up on the Saigon scarf (rav link). Not because there was anything wrong with the pattern per se, but I do feel that the photo was a little misleading. The scarf was photographed on a child (how did I miss that?) and so it looked about twice as wide as it actually worked out to be. I guess if I had read the dimensions, I would have realized that right away, but I didn’t. So, I frogged it, and started over with a new pattern from a knitting lace book I purchased.
I finally finished off a piece that’s been hanging around for about a month. I knit this neckwarmer on a wim for my friend Rin when I was home visiting last month, and was waiting on buttons. I ended up ordering them from Prisma on Etsy. The buttons are awesome, and I’m mailing out the scarf next week.
There’s more sad news on the socks. This is the second pattern I’ve tried with this yarn, and I’ve had to frog them again. It’s just so disappointing. The yarn has absolutely NO give, and so if I’m off even slightly, I can’t get them over my foot. I am so frustrated. This yarn did not want to be Jaywalker *sigh* I’ll finish the lace piece above, then I might try a different pattern. Ugh.
In happier news, keep watching for my blogoversary contest coming up! I’ve been getting a lot more comments lately, and they’ve been brightening my day. Thank you.