I am 22 days and 8 posts away from my blogoversary (and a contest too!). So, watch for November when I’m going to host a month-long contest and I’ll be giving away yarn! Wonderful Mirasol yarn! And maybe you’ll get candy too, if you’re really good 🙂
Lots going on in my world these days. In knitting news, I’m working on my very first pair of gloves with fingers. I’m knitting a picot edged pair of gloves for my mother in law to-be, and I’m very excited about them. The yarn is a mix of merino wool and silk, and they’re really warm and soft. I’m sure she’ll love them. Christmas knitting has been plugging along. I’ve made it really far down my list, and think that I can get a few more done yet before christmas.
I already have knits done for my parents, my brother and his fiancée, my niece Emma, and my future father-in-law. I’m working on a secret project for my fiancé and have so far been able to keep it a secret from him, and would love to make a pair of mittens for his brother and his brother’s wife. A pair of mittens for me wouldn’t hurt either.
I did pick up some Mirasol Miski so that I could make myself a hat. It’s going to be so cushy and warm. I’m so excited about it.
There’s also wedding news! We are in the process of booking the Crowne Plaza for our wedding reception next year. We need to work out a kink or two regarding a DJ, but are pretty optimistic about the whole thing. I’ve also commissioned myv eil from amandaarcher on etsy. I’m just so happy about how well things are moving along on all fronts.
Hope everything is well in your worlds,
And for some fun, even though it’s Saturday
TEASER TUESDAYS ask you to:
- Grab your current read.
- Let the book fall open to a random page.
- Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
- You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
- Please avoid spoilers
“As we approached the gates, I heard a shout. Francesco stood out in front, his palm thrust forward, fingers spread out, indicating that we should stop. Beside him, draped in dark mantelli, stood his stooped father and three middle-aged dark-haired men: his brothers.”
– I, Mona Lisa by Jeanne Kalogridis
1. Follow the yellow brick road.
2. Knitting is something I always take with me on vacation.
3. To achieve your goals, you must leave your comfort zone.
4. My stubborness is something I’d like you to know about me.
5. I have a sense of accomplishment.
6. Egg floats.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to hanging out with Vero, tomorrow my plans include seeing a band with Fran and Pete and Sunday, I want to do brunch!